Optimization of an R Algorithm with Rcpp
A web application based on Shiny allows the company to model and predict the wear and tear of a wind farm. Problem: the business algorithm runs in 45 minutes.
- Code audit
- R optimization : from 45 minutes to 3 seconds of execution time
- Use of Rcpp to reach 40 milliseconds !
- Implementation of benchmark tools
Result & added value
- Delivery of a documented R package with an installation procedure
- The algorithm now runs so fast that it can easily be integrated into a real-time web application.